Thursday, July 10, 2014

Photography 365 Project: (Days 183 - 190)

Wednesday, July 2nd, was a pretty ordinary day.  A little bit of piano teaching (to make up for not teaching on the Statutory Holiday the day prior), and still enjoying finishing my day in the daylight!  I so love Summer with my whole heart.

Thursday, I had every intention of going to bed early.  Bringing my laptop with me kind of defeated the purpose, but I tried!

Friday, Nick picked me up after work because we had a 4th of July party to go to that night.  However, we had a few hours before the party started, so we had an impromptu date!  We googled coffee shops that were stocked with board games, and found 6 places.  The one that looked like it had the best games was actually a pub and I enjoyed some great poutine while we played (dairy allergies ignored in the necessity of the moment to eat fries!).  We tried a couple new games and had a lot of fun!  Then we headed over to our friends' place for even more amazing food and good times :)


Saturday, I was interning with a wedding company and spent the day shooting.  I couldn't keep any of the shots as they belonged to the company, but while we were photographing the bride getting into her dress, I snapped a quick photo of these window flowers to save for my "daily":

And this picture is for my mother-in-law!  We were just talking about how Vancouver is filled with random outdoor pianos that are for public use.  As I walked from my wedding over to Nick's (as his finished later), I heard music to my right and sure enough - there was another one!

Sunday, I was so tired from shooting the wedding that I slept in until after lunch.  I kept hoping it would just keep raining so I didn't have to get out of bed at all that day, but the sun broke through.  This meant my maternity shoot downtown was still on.  I'm so glad the rain did actually stop, and I'm so glad we did the shoot that day because it was perfect.  Perfect location, perfect couple, perfect weather, perfect light.  Here's one of my favourites, though if you want to see more, you can go to our Facebook Page:

Monday, was an exhausting day.  I was up late editing the maternity photos and waiting for Nick to get home from work.  This resulted in about 3 hours of sleep before a fully-packed day.  My coworker wasn't feeling 100%, so I taught a 7-hour class at work that day.  I also edited photos while the students worked on exercises and during lunch.  Then I had a meeting with the wedding company I'm interning with and two piano lessons that evening.  Also, all the berries in our fridge needed to be frozen, like, days prior.  Very productive.  Very tired.  Very uncreative in my shot for the day:

Tuesday, again I had every intention of going to bed early.  Right as I was trying to fall asleep, I shouted, "Oh no!" and ran into the living room.  Nick also came into the living room from the office to see what the heck was the matter!  I exclaimed that I had almost forgotten my daily, and I hadn't missed a day yet, and couldn't start now.  I quickly used the light from the office to take the photo and went back to bed.

Wednesday, we had an evening out with some friends.  I had to stay late at work which was annoying, but as soon as I got home, we headed over to their place for some delicious burgers, salads, and dessert.  We are all gamers, so playing a "quick" 3-hour board game is considered perfectly acceptable after dinner.  They taught us to play Game of Thrones and I came in second :)

No comments:

Post a Comment